Sunday, August 15, 2010

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Wow-everything-is-happening-so-fast-i-don't-have-time-to-breathe.

That's exactly what my first day at KU has been like.

I assume this is probably what it was like for all of the new freshmen arriving on campus... At least I hope.

From choosing my bunk bed, to meeting my roomies and shooing my eager parents out the door it's been constant chaos. I kinda like it. (:

The women in my schol hall are amazing. My roomies are amazing. The frat boys who live down my street and play bball without shirts are also -- AMAZING.

Ooh and I happen to already have a list of things I need to buy soon ( I was so afraid I'd brought to much stuff at first) and one of those items is a toothbrush. Ooops (: I forgot. But it's whatever because there are literally a MILLION stores in Lawrence that are open 24/7 and taking the buses around town will def be an experience...

Oh gosh I've already got some pretty legit stories. Waiting in line for snow cones, after getting some mad air brush ink, a student started pop &locking. I guess that's what it's called? I'm not entirely sure, but it was fantastic.

Oh oh oh oh. I can't forget being serenaded by the men in a fellow schol hall with their guitars and manly man voices. One of the stunning guitarists gave me a rose. (: I reeaaaallllyyyy like it here. But... I'm sure I'll run into conflict soon haha.

Peace -
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment